- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 fillets of salmon, skin and bones removed
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 cup kale-almond pesto
- Freshly cracked pepper, to serve
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 long red chilli
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 3 large kale leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp. oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
Preheat the oven to 375
To make the pesto: Place the almonds and garlic on a small baking tray and drizzle with oil. Roast for 8-10 minutes or almonds are golden brown.
Squeeze the garlic from their skins
Place the almonds and garlic in a food processor with kale, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Process to a coarse paste. Stir through the grated parmesan. Place pesto over top of salmon , bake in the oven for 15-20 min.
Delicious if served over top spaghetti squash.
- 2 large zucchinis
- julienne peeler or a spiralizer
- 1 jar organic, no sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
Place the ground meats, almond meal, garlic, seasonings, salt, pepper, eggs in a bowl. Combine very lightly with a fork. Using your hands, lightly form the mixture into 2-inch meatballs. (about golf ball size)
Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile in a large pot prepare your sauce. When meatballs are done put in the sauce and set to simmer for 1 hour (or more). Use a spiralizer to turn your zucchinis into spaghetti. If you desire the pasta warm, sauté in a pan until soft.
- Soba noodles
- Raw or cooked diced zucchini and
- Shitake mushrooms
- Tahini butter
- Soy sauce
- Srushed ginger
- Green onions
- Rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. Sesame oil
Cook the noodles according to the package directions and rinse under cold water.
Heat the soy sauce, crushed ginger,green onions and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium heat.
Working in batches, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 1 ½ minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Sprinkle the sesame oil over the chicken and toss to coat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (medium, finely diced, about 1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 cups butternut squash (diced)
- 3 cups granny smith apples (peeled, cored, and diced, about 2 medium apples)
- 21/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and salt and sauté until translucent, about 7 minutes.
Add the squash, apples, and vegetable broth to the pot. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the broth to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes.
Carefully transfer to a blender. Add the coconut milk and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken breasts with skin and backbone;
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine; (optional)
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. drained capers
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large frying pan, warm up the olive oil over a medium-high heat.
Add the pieces of chicken and sauté until brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and let it rest.
In the same pan, still over a medium high heat, add the red bell peppers, onions, and garlic, and sauté until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the red wine and cook until reduced by half.
Add the diced tomatoes with the juice, the chicken stock, the capers, the oregano, and the basil, and season to taste.
Add the pieces of chicken to the pan. Make sure they’re all coated with the sauce and bring to a simmer.
Cover the saucepan and simmer on a medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is well cooked.
Garnish with fresh basil to serve.
- 5 large hard boiled eggs, cooled and shelled
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise or grapeseed oil vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup (very finely) diced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- paprika for garnish
Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks
Place the yolks in a bowl and mash
Stir vegenaise, mustard, parsley, celery, shallots, salt and pepper into yolks
Spoon filling into egg whites
Keep refrigerated until serving
Sprinkle with paprika, or if you’re feeling zany, use smoked paprika
Makes 10 Deviled Egg Halves
- 1 ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ cup raisins
In a small bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
In a large bowl, combine grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla
Stir dry ingredients into wet
Mix in coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almond slivers and raisins
Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with grapeseed oil
Press the dough into the baking dish, wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
Cool bars in pan for 2 hours, then serve
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, grated
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed (or minced)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare vegetables: peel the onions and grate them. Grate the carrots. Finely chop parsley and basil. Peel and press (or mince) garlic.
Add ground turkey to a medium sized bowl, and add in the onions, carrots, parsley, basil and garlic. Season with fresh ground pepper and a little salt.
Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the meat mixture.
Add the almond flour, and mix everything together.
Form meat mixture into 16 evenly sized meatballs with your hands.
Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray and evenly distribute meat balls.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon (use a microplane zester)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel
Spread thyme sprigs evenly in the bottom of a 7 x 11 inch baking dish
Place chicken over thyme sprigs and scatter cauliflower around chicken
In a small bowl, combine shallot, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, olives and garlic
Pour lemon mixture over chicken and cauliflower
Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight
Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is well browned
- 1 pound skinless wild salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup fresh scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- coconut oil for frying
Rinse salmon, pat dry, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
In a large bowl, combine salmon, ginger, scallions, cilantro, eggs, lime juice, almond flour, and salt
In a small bowl, combine wasabi powder and water to form a paste
Mix wasabi paste into salmon mixture
Form batter into 2-inch patties with your hands
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
Sauté patties in batches until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes per side